Friday, August 3, 2012

The best chocolate chip cookies

Every night we've been curling up on the couch after dinner and tuning into the Olympics. I'm sure many of you are doing the same. I've really been into women's volleyball and gymnastics. I can't wait for track and field to start next.
And what goes perfect with the Olympics? The best chocolate chips cookies, of course. After much searching for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe online, I stumbled across three different posts about Kim Boyce's whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. Luckily I had borrowed her cookbook, Good to the Grainfrom a friend so I had the recipe in hand.

Her cookbook is organized by the types of whole grain flours she uses in her recipes. Amaranth, barley, buckwheat, corn, kamut, multigrain, oat, quinoa, rye, spelt, and teff. All of the recipes sound amazing, like figgy buckwheat scones, quinoa and beet pancakes, olive oil cake, or apricot boysenberry tarts. It's a great cookbook to bake from and it will get you to buy whole grain flours you haven't used before.
Kim uses whole wheat flour, but I used spelt instead and they still turned out magical. The perfect salty and sweet combination, as my husband says. If you don't own a kitchen aid mixer, don't sweat. You can use a food processor to cream the butter and sugar.

Changes are coming to the blog and I'll be sharing that with you next week! Until then make these cookies, share with those you love, and enjoy the Olympics.

13 comments:

DZell1982 said...

USA! All the way! Gabby was such a champ last night.
mmm, cookies!

Unknown said...

Very true, DZ! She's amazing to watch.

Carrie | acookgrowsinbrooklyn said...

I've been looking for a choc chip cookie recipe that uses whole wheat flour - thanks for this, Adrienne. Nothing beats big chunks of chocolate in cookies - so much better than chips! Thanks to these Olympics, I have a newfound adoration for women's beach volleyball - they are rockstars!

Amanda (wit and whistle) said...

Awesome! I'll definitely be trying these!

Debbie D. said...

Hello Adrienne!

Lovely post!

Please what is your email address? I have something important to discuss with you.

Thank you

kelsey said...

oh my goodness, I don't think I've watched so much television in my life. we're olympics obsessed over here. these turned out PERFECT. Seriously. beautiful.

erin said...

Yum! I will have to try these! I will also have to check out that cook book. I have been using spelt flour in a lot of my baking recently, but I really would like to experiment with more.

Holly said...

Looks soooo goood. I'll have to try them!

Mike said...

They probably taste way better with spelt. They probably taste best though with coconut flour. I would think.

Gujjar said...

A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat. Katie

lolyta said...

I came across the serach engine and find your website, you have great and nice blog, Thanks for sharing, God bless you
Pingback : HARGA VIMAX IZON
HARGA VIMAX IZON ASLI
OBAT VIMAX HERBAL
VIMAX IZON ASLI
AGEN VIMAX
PROMO VIMAX
VIMAX KAPSUL
VIMAX ORIGINAL

http://vimaxizoncanada.com/

vimax izon asli
jual vimax izon
harga vimax izon
vimax izon canada
vimax izon Original
khasiat vimax canada
vimax izon
vimax izon


RAHASIADEWASA.NET

PERANGSANG WANITA
opium spray
opium spray asli
jual opium spray
OBAT PERANGSANG WANITA
MAXMAN CAPSULE
PRO EXTENDER
selaput dara buatan
selaput dara keperawanan


ALATSEXIMPORT.COM

ALAT BANTU SEX
JUAL ALAT SEX IMPORT

Vmenplus Herbal
Vmenplus
Vmenplus import
Vmenplus Asli
Vmenplus herbal
Obat Vmenplus

mhoodang said...

เล่นเลย เครดิตฟรี joker slot online แจกโบนัสมากมาย
https://www.slot4u.com/joker123

WhitePods Mini said...

temporary phone numbers also known as disposable or burner numbers, have become invaluable tools in the digital age. These ephemeral digits serve the purpose of providing users with a sense of privacy and security when engaging in various online activities.